Scientific Anglers Mastery Series Sink Tip Fly Line - Streamer Express Clear Tip
Item #: SA30MSS7
Shipping Weight: 0.25 pounds
Invisible Intermediate Sinking Tip Fly Line
- Clear, slow-sinking tip won't spook wary fish
- Long, easy casts with streamers and big flies with minimal false casting
- Inter. running line keeps flies below the surface
- Handling line facilitates mending and quicker pickups, and enhances
- Formulated to excel in freshwater and saltwater, and in still or moving
- 30' tapered sinking head for easier casting
- Increased diameter handling line for better line control, casting, and
- Optimum diameter running line for increased durability and greatly
- Single strand monofilament nylon
- Exclusive blend of 3M PVC formulated with patented AST Advanced
Shooting Technology and industry-leading Mastery Series sinking-line
- Graduated-density between sinking tip and handling section allows
smoother casting and straighter fishing for more natural drifts, enhanced
sensitivity, better strike detection, and easier hook setting
Rod Weight Guide:
- Grain: 200/Rod: 6-7
- Grain: 250/Rod: 7-8
- Grain: 300/Rod: 8-9
- Grain: 350/Rod: 9-10
- Grain: 400/Rod: 9-12
Average Customer Review: 1 Reviews
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
Good for hot waters in the summertime, 7.14.2010
Reviewer: Johnnie Kjoller (Herlev, DK)
Sink-tip is just an advantage in the hot summer-waters - I have caught fish while anglers around me, with floating lines, got nothing at all - not even a tiny attempt... The fish stand deeper and this line gets down to them :)
The invisible sinktip is a "clear" advantage ;) and, in spite of the heavy head, it lands pretty gently on the surface.
It does demand some casting-discipline, though, but just practise a little with it and you will know how to cast it correctly (doublehaul is good, blindcasting is not...)
I chose a 200 grains for my Fast Action #6 rod and it is a little heavy, but it really shoots well in one cast.
All in all I can recommend this line for all types of waters where the fish stand deep(er) and are easily spooked.
© 2015 Fishwest, All Rights Reserved.