- Start by doubling the line over and creating a loop.
- Take the loop and add an overhand knot approximately where you want the base of the final knot loop.
- Proceed to do a total of three (hence the triple in the name) wraps of the loop through the overhand knot.
- Pull everything into place, working the knot into position depending on how big you want the final loop to be. Use saliva to lubricate the knot as it is tightened.
- Once the knot is tight and secure, trim the tag end.
Illustrations by Greg Pearson