We know you have a lot to say about fly fishing and a whole lot of topics related to the sport we love. Fly fishing takes us to some of the most beautiful in the world and a lot of fly fishers are also great photographers. Here’s your opportunity to get your thoughts and photos out there – and to a lot of people!
We’re delighted to offer the opportunity to post your thoughts and images. We’re looking for interesting articles that cover anything and everything fly fishing related. Write about some of your travels, show how tie that hot new fly pattern or discuss a technique. If it is interesting to you, it will be interesting to others, probably lots of others.
This is your chance to get something published on a legit fly fishing resource, but if getting published isn’t enough, we are going to sweeten the deal by offering a $50 gift certificate to be used at www.fishwest.com for any submitted articles that we use (see more detail below).
Think you got the stuff? here is how to submit: Please email your article, supporting photos and a title to email@example.com. If selected, we will contact you to get any further needed information.
Most importantly, have fun! We look forward to seeing all your great work.
Pisciphilia Submission Guidelines
Submitting an Article
- We look for articles written about anything fly fishing and we don’t want to stifle your creativity. This can include, but is certainly not limited to, trip reports, fly tying tutorials, product reviews, fishing techniques, illustrations, etc….ANYTHING FLY FISHING.
- Articles for submission must be previously unpublished and in English.
- Articles should be in Word, Word Perfect or Text format.
- Supporting images should be in JPG format and at least 800px in width.
- Please include a title
- If this is your first article, be prepared to provide a biography if your article is selected for publication.
- Do not indent or send in HTML format.
Submitting a Photo
- We love great fly fishing photography. Just like an article, we are looking for anything fly fishing related.
- Images should be in JPG format and at least 800px in width.
If your article is chosen for publication on Pisciphilia, we pay as follows:
- Complete article with supporting images: $50 gift certificate valid at www.fishwest.com
- Article with no supporting images: $30 gift certificate valid at www.fishwest.com
- One or two images published with an article or as a photo post: $20 gift certificate valid at www.fishwest.com
- A series of images (five of more) with captions published as a photo post: $50 gift certificate valid at www.fishwest.com