Spring run-off in the west and heavy rain storms in the east cause rivers to rise quickly and often without warning, raising the cubic-feet-per-second by many times, on occasion resulting in water levels reaching that particular river’s flood stage, which is when a river is commonly considered “blown-out.” While many anglers consider fishing high water […]
About Nick R.Nick Roberts is a fly-fishing guide for Curtis Wright Outfitters in Asheville, North Carolina. His passion for fishing has taken him to some amazing places and he's always up for a trip to somewhere new. He enjoys sharing the sport with beginner and experienced anglers alike and always wants to make just one more cast...
Author Archive | Nick R.
Here in the east, it’s been a mild winter, which has given anglers even more opportunities for cold-weather fishing. At the beginning of the month, I got a couple of days off from guiding for trout and working the shop here at Curtis Wright Outfitters in Asheville, NC and headed down to Charleston, SC, to […]
- Fly Tying Tutorial : The Double Whammy January 9, 2012
- I Totally Want To Throw Her For Muskie March 4, 2011
- Bonefish Ain’t No Brook Trout July 8, 2013
- Product Review: Simms Rivershed Boots December 2, 2013
- Made In The USA: Orvis Fly Rods November 29, 2013
- Confluence Films: Drift Film Review November 26, 2013
- How-To (38)
- Industry (51)
- Media (38)
- Stories (61)
- Uncategorized (13)
Follow @fishwest on Twitter