This knot is perfect for tying a loop in the thick end of a new leader or in the end of a piece of butt-section. Create a loop in the line with the tag end going behind the main line. The tag should be out to the right of the loop. Bring the tag end […]
VIDEO: The boys got together for some sweet steelheading action. We were able to see our share of steelhead. They were happy to eat dry flies and lightly dressed patterns swung on dry lines. We would have been content to never come home, but colder weather wasn’t too far off….
VIDEO: Everyone thinks that working in a fly shop is just fun and games. Sitting around tying flies behind the counter all day, right? I don’t think so! We had the opportunity to retire an old trusty piece of office equipment and decided it would work just as good as a stress ball. We took […]
VIDEO: Brian Westover, the original Thingama-dude, discusses the new products for 2011. Westwater Products is home of the Thingamabobber Strike Indicators.
- Fly Tying Tutorial : The Double Whammy January 9, 2012
- I Totally Want To Throw Her For Muskie March 4, 2011
- Calling All Writers and Photographers!!! December 27, 2011
- Accuracy Redefined: Sage One 890-4 Review March 11, 2014
- The Call – Howler Brothers Introduction February 27, 2014
- The World’s First Triple-Textured Fly Line: Introducing Scientific Anglers Sharkwave Fly Lines February 18, 2014
- How-To (39)
- Industry (60)
- Media (40)
- Stories (66)
- Uncategorized (16)
Follow @fishwest on Twitter