This knot is perfect for tying a loop in the thick end of a new leader or in the end of a piece of butt-section.
- Create a loop in the line with the tag end going behind the main line. The tag should be out to the right of the loop.
- Bring the tag end of the line back around the loop you have created. The tag should now be in front of the loop out the left side.
- Again, take the tag end around the back of the knot, creating another loop the left of the original loop. The tag is now to the right hand side of the loop.
- Lay the tag end between the two loops, then take the left (or second loop) through the top loop (first loop).
- Slowly tighten the knot, keeping it relatively small. Lubricate the knot as needed.
- Once the knot is tight, trim the tag end.
A special thanks to Greg Pearson for his great illustrations!