This video provides a little insight into Gore-Tex technologies and Simms Gear. Simms Gear is a favorite of most of the shop staff here at Fishwest and it is easy to see why. Please check out the new 2014 Simms Fishing Products line by clicking HERE.
“Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.”
-Patagonia’s Mission Statement
After slipping and sliding through yet another slick, cobbled Skeena run, we came home determined to find a better traction solution. Drawing on his mountaineering experience, Yvon Chouinard disappeared into the Tin Shed and went to work…
As many anglers know Simms Fishing Products makes a wide variety of high quality products. The Simms Guide Wading Boot is no exception. As a person that has a difficult time walking as it is wading can be a challenge for me. Having a boot that can give me the optimal mix of support, traction and comfort is paramount.
The Guide Boot is an excellent boot for anglers looking for a little bit more support while wading. The Guides utilize a full Nubuck leather upper that makes them extremely tough and durable. For me one of the most important features of this boot is the molded rubber toe cap. It provides excellent protection from rocks and all other obstacles faced while wading.
- Full Length EVA Midsole for added cushioning
- Molded rubber toe cap for added protection in the toughest of wading conditions
- Molded rubber heel cup design provides excellent ankle support
- Felt and Vibram Streamtread Rubber Soles to meet the needs of any angler
- The Nubuck leather makes these boots on the heavier side weighing in at over 4lbs
- Brass hardware utilized within the lacing system will, over time, wear out laces
- Leather within the boot does not dry quickly. These boots will stay wet longer than other boots.
This boot has become a favorite of not only me but a majority of the staff here at Fishwest. This boot provides just the right amount of support, cushioning and traction. Overall these boots have so far withstood the test of time for this unsteady angler.