The Articulated Shank is an innovative, new fly tying material designed to simplify the tying of articulated flies.
It can be used as a simple component in different styles of articulated flies such as single-hook and two-hook articulated streamers, poppers and sliders. It is also used for streamers that use a free-swinging stinger hook such as Intruder-style salmon and steelhead flies.
- Easy-and-fast tying process.
- Increases tail action.
- Increases the overall fly length.
- Reduces the leverage a hooked fish typically places on a fly.
- Eliminates the need to sacrifice a hook to make a shank.
- 3 Shank lengths (20mm, 35mm and 55mm)
- 20 Shanks per pack
- Typically for streamer flies 3″ (7.5cm) and longer
- Wire diameter fits hook sizes starting from about #4 up to 3/0
- Will fit the Fish-Skull (SM, M and L sizes) and the Fish-Skull Sculpin Helmet
The high strength, stainless spring steel shank can be used in saltwater.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.