CLA 1-3 The CLA has set the standard for affordable, hybrid large arbor fly reels. The CLA series incorporates a superior drag mechanism that is extraordinarily smooth, heat resistant and provides incredible stopping power. While the CLA is offered at a reasonable price, no options have been overlooked. Each reel in this series is designed with a unique diameter and width to maximize the properties of drag consistency and quick line retrieval. The CLA has become a favorite for anglers that are looking for an American made, high quality, reasonably priced fly reel.
CLA 4-7 (Larger Components for Bigger Fish!) The mechanical design of all CLA reels is consistent throughout the series, but improvements have been made to the four largest sizes to support their use in battling bigger fish. The CLA (sizes 4-7) have a larger sized drag knob, handle and spool cap, but most importantly, they have a STRONGER DRAG SYSTEM. To ensure smooth performance with fast-running fish, the four larger sized CLA reels have also been equipped with oil-impregnated bushings for improved spool rotation. The frame and spool have been reinforced to eliminate flexing when battling the “big boys”. With a wide range of sizes available, the CLA series is appropriate for any fishing application. And because of its great size, dependability, drag performance and affordable price, the CLA (sizes 4-7) have become one of the most popular Spey series on the market today.
- Frame/Spool Material - 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Manufacturing Specifications - Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool – manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
- Drag Material - Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon – space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Drag Mechanism - Delrin 500AF to anodized aluminum interface – push frame friction disc drag system
- Drag Engagement System - Redundancy radial pawl engagement
- Spool Rotation Mechanism - Delrin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 1-3), oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 4-7)
|Model / Size||Diameter||Width||Weight||Line Wt.||Line Capacity||Spey Lines|
|Ross CLA 1 Fly Reel||3.00"||0.90"||4.2 oz||2-4||WF3 + 75 yd 20#||n/a|
|Ross CLA 1.5 Fly Reel||3.125"||0.90"||4.4 oz||3-5||WF4 + 100 yd 20#||n/a|
|Ross CLA 2 Fly Reel||3.25"||0.95"||4.7 oz||4-6||WF5 + 125 yd 20#||n/a|
|Ross CLA 3 Fly Reel||3.50"||1.00"||5.4 oz||5-7||WF6 + 175 yd 20#||n/a|
|Ross CLA 4 Fly Reel||3.75"||1.10"||7.6 oz||7-9||WF8 + 200 yd 20#||6/7/8 + 125 yd|
|Ross CLA 5 Fly Reel||4.00"||1.20"||8.1 oz||8-10||WF9 + 250 yd 20#||8/9/10 + 175 yd|
|Ross CLA 6 Fly Reel||4.25"||1.20"||9.0 oz||10-12||WF11 + 275 yd 20#||9/10/11 + 200 yd|
|Ross CLA 7 Fly Reel||4.50"||1.25"||9.7 oz||11-13||WF12 + 300 yd 20#||10/11/12 + 225 yd|
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.