The Flystart is a hybrid large arbor fly reel that is affordably priced, yet built with the same commitment to quality and performance as all Ross reels. The drag system is dependable and smooth with a wide range of adjustment. Fly fishing is a sport that everyone can enjoy, but for many people, the price of fly tackle is often a barrier to participation. The Ross team was committed to producing an introductory priced fly reel that would still perform to the expectations of even the most experienced angler, and the Flystart series perfectly meets this goal. You will be amazed with its quality in manufacturing tolerance, drag performance and durability. The Flystart is a great reel for the first-time fly fishing participant that demands quality, but does not want to spend a fortune gearing up to fish.
- Manufactured out of high quality pressure-fed cast aluminum with a machined finish
- Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
- Electrostatically coated with aerospace grade polyurethane for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
- Quick release locking spool
- Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Exposed spool rim for palming
|Model / Size||Diameter||Width||Weight||Line Wt.||Line Capacity|
|Ross Flystart 1 Fly Reel||3.00"||0.90"||5.2 oz||3-5||WF4 + 50 yd 20#|
|Ross Flystart 2 Fly Reel||3.25"||0.95"||5.5 oz||4-6||WF5 + 125 yd 20#|
|Ross Flystart 3 Fly Reel||3.50"||1.00"||6.0 oz||5-7||WF6 + 175 yd 20#|
|Ross Flystart 4 Fly Reel||3.75"||1.10"||6.6 oz||6-8||WF7 + 225 yd 20#|
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.