Scientific Anglers Mastery Series Sink Tip Fly Line - Streamer Express Clear Tip
Item #: SA30MSS7
Shipping Weight: 0.25 pounds
So part of the equation is getting flies in front of fish. The next part is not spooking them while doing so. Our Mastery Streamer Express Clear offers the same casting benefits of the Streamer Express taper, but substitutes a 30' slow-sinking clear head. When stealth isn't an option, the best choice is to go clear.
- Clear, slow-sinking tip won't spook wary fish
- Long, easy casts with streamers and big flies with minimal false casting
- Inter. running line keeps flies below the surface
- Handling line facilitates mending and quicker pickups, and enhances
- Formulated to excel in freshwater and saltwater, and in still or moving
- 30' tapered sinking head for easier casting
- Increased diameter handling line for better line control, casting, and
- Optimum diameter running line for increased durability and greatly
- Single strand monofilament nylon
- Exclusive blend of 3M PVC formulated with patented AST Advanced
Shooting Technology and industry-leading Mastery Series sinking-line
- Graduated-density between sinking tip and handling section allows
smoother casting and straighter fishing for more natural drifts, enhanced
sensitivity, better strike detection, and easier hook setting
Rod Weight Guide:
- Grain: 200/Rod: 6-7
- Grain: 250/Rod: 7-8
- Grain: 300/Rod: 8-9
- Grain: 350/Rod: 9-10
- Grain: 400/Rod: 9-12
Average Customer Review: 1 Reviews
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
Good for hot waters in the summertime, 7.14.2010
Reviewer: Johnnie Kjoller (Herlev, DK)
Sink-tip is just an advantage in the hot summer-waters - I have caught fish while anglers around me, with floating lines, got nothing at all - not even a tiny attempt... The fish stand deeper and this line gets down to them :)
The invisible sinktip is a "clear" advantage ;) and, in spite of the heavy head, it lands pretty gently on the surface.
It does demand some casting-discipline, though, but just practise a little with it and you will know how to cast it correctly (doublehaul is good, blindcasting is not...)
I chose a 200 grains for my Fast Action #6 rod and it is a little heavy, but it really shoots well in one cast.
All in all I can recommend this line for all types of waters where the fish stand deep(er) and are easily spooked.
Customers Who Bought Scientific Anglers Mastery Series Sink Tip Fly Line - Streamer Express Clear Tip Also Bought
© 2015 Fishwest, All Rights Reserved.